1) Compare treatment options for patients with acute opioid withdrawal based on severity of withdrawal, pregnancy status, and treating patients less than 18 years of age.
2) Describe appropriate use of buprenorphine in the emergency department treatment of acute opioid withdrawal and acute pain in patients prescribed buprenorphine.
3) Demonstrate proper use of screening tools to assess for opioid use disorder (OUD), need for brief intervention, and initiation of medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD).
4) Discuss the process for prescribers to obtain their DEA-X waiver to prescribe buprenorphine and importance of MOUD in reducing OUD mortality.
5) Discuss the current state regulations regarding buprenorphine initiation by nurse practitioners and physician assistants in Tennessee.